The ten golden rules
1. Make sure to buy and use only fresh tea!
2. The special compound foil bag guarantees the freshness of the tea for 24 months. Please use the bag also after opening!
3. Use 2,75g of leaf tea for 150ml of water or 10g of tea leaves for 900ml of water (approx. 6 cups). When using broken tea, use 15% LESS.
4. Put tea into a tea-pot made of glass or porcelain. Put one piece of kandis sugar, white: (it's the quantity for 3 tea-cups) to the dry tea leaves. Sugar is necessary to develop more flavour!
5. Bring fresh water to boil. Do not overboil!
6. Pour the boiling water over the tea and sugar and close the tea-pot.
7. Let the tea steam for exactly three minutes, and then pour it into another tea-pot.
8. Do not keep the tea warm! A tea warmer or thermos will destroy the delicacy of the tea in a few minutes!
9. Do not use metal table ware. Clean the tea service well with detergent. Do not preheat any of the utensils, as this will produce overheat.
10. Use rock sugar for natural teas. For aromatized teas use pure cane sugar or also kandis sugar.
Resolutions for 2021
From >TEA<, a book on merchandise science published by Ullstein
DO NOT TREAT TEA LIKE POTATOES
USE WATER FROM BERLIN AS IT IS FRESH AND HEALTHY WATER
- NO FILTER
- ICE COLD FROM THE PIPE
- ONLY BRING TO THE BOIL
DO NOT KEEP TEA HOT
- HEAT IS THE GREATEST ENEMY OF THE NATURAL STIMULANT
- NO PREHEATED CAN
- NO WARMER
- NO HOT PLATE
- NO THERMOS FLASK
- DO NOT KEEP THE FINISHED TEA WAITING; DRINK IT COMFORTABLY
ALWAYS PREPARE TEA WITH TWO DIFFERENT POTS
- NO PAPER OR FABRIC FILTERS; NO NET
- NO CAN INSERT
- NO TEA EGG
- NO TEA MACHINE
IF YOU OBSERVE THESE RESOLUTIONS AND ABOVE ALL DO NOT TREAT ALL TEA VARIETIES OF THE TEA PLANT EQUALLY (THE WHITE, THE GREEN, THE SEMI-FERMENTED, THE BLACK) THEN YOU WILL FIND THE EXPERIENCE OF ENJOYMENT THAT YOU DESIRE!
King's Teagarden 25+ GmbH
Tel: 030 / 8 83 70 59
Fax: 030 / 3 22 31 92